Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rained On

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I love it when it rains. I love the mood, the depressing, sad yet hopeful wish that you'll get to see a rainbow when it's over. Go on and roll your eyes- cause I'm about to tell you how I feel when I walk in the rain...

I feel like Jeff Buckley's breath in Hallelujah.
Hushed and calm and so damn into that moment. I love it at night, with the few people walking, and the trees swaying 'round. I walk slowly, and usually expose my shoulders-if the weather permits. Imagining the angels sitting around, and looking at all the sadness down below. Each droplet ricochets off my skin, and I begin to think of
my happiest and saddest memories. I know what's about to happen, it's so appropriate but I want
to be stronger.  Rain drops slide down my face, and my neck, down my arms and legs, temporally staining my clothes, and then it happens...
My eyes get warm, my breathing deepens, my lips quiver and I tear.  It aches, and my heart feels sore. The heavier my breathing, the heavier my tears.
Until...
I regain composer. I laugh at how stupidly sensitive I am and I breath once more.
"It's all over now, baby blue"